Thursday, February 14, 2013

You Make A Difference - Even If You Don't Know It

Since today is Valentine's Day,  I'd like to share a simple, powerful event that happened in my life.  Share the love.    :)


When one recognizes and respects the individual worth and contribution of a person, one can change the world.

A couple years ago, someone came up to me and said, "You saved my life."  I'll call to this person Jude.  My immediate reaction internally was that of surprise, disbelief and "what could I have done that was that important."  Outwardly, I was just plain speechless.  With further explanation, I was told that a project I had kickstarted, rekindled hope and faith in Jude's life and that I had come at a time when days were dark and desperate.  After getting over my shock and listening....really listening, I realized the truth and sincerity in Jude's words.  This was not someone who said things like this to stroke a person's ego.  I could tell that this was difficult and confessional. I realized at that moment just how fragile we can be as people and how much of an impact we can have in what we do and how we treat others.

I am lucky.  I got a glimpse of how I made a positive impact in someone's life.  Most people will never find out.  Sometimes the simple act of a smile or a simple gesture of good will can bring sunshine into an otherwise dark day.   So share the love today and if it's possible, tell someone how they made your life better.  Thanks Jude.  You changed my life too.  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment