Saturday, December 13, 2014

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." - Henri Matisse


That is one of my favorite quotes.  At first blush it represents my love of flowers and the overall beauty of nature.  Nature inspires, rejuvenates and is soothing and calming.  

Some people can look at an object, a situation or a person and see ugliness, darkness and negativity.   That same "thing" can elicit joy, a sense of wonder and beauty to another person.  We're all different. The word flower itself can conjure up some negative emotions for people with severe allergies or elicit a negative memory associated with flowers.  

I view flowers as a positive thing, so I choose to believe that Matisse, as a painter, appreciated flowers and that this is a positive quote. When re-reading this quote, you could insert almost any noun or emotion and have it make sense.

We are the deciders, the dreamers, the makers.  We can choose the way we view our lives.  I choose to live mine with as much positivity that I can.  I choose to believe that everyone should get a second chance, a fair shake, a helping hand, a place to live, food to eat, justice and live happily ever after.  I choose to see flowers as a beautiful reminder of the universe and all its possibilities.  





No comments:

Post a Comment