Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Look Back - Part 1

In an effort to keep this blog entry shorter, I've split  "A Look Back" into 5 separate posts.

PART 1

In The Beginning
Maria B. Davis
In 1995, I decided to leave corporate life to get married, have children and stay home to care for them.  Prior to that,  I was doing pretty well as a single gal.  I had a home, two cars and cats, but there was something missing.  After discovering my soon to be husband, I realized that I was missing true love.  Don't get me wrong, it was hard to leave my single life.  I would be relinquishing much of what I worked for... for love.  Perhaps I was a hopeless romantic only to be possibly crushed later by a messy divorce?  It was a risk, a leap of faith.  Leaving my job was a difficult decision, but at the time, I had invested myself in it so much that it had become my life.  It felt insular and at times stifling.  I yearned for something more and found it in my, then, new husband.  Together we decided on a "traditional" family where Mom stayed home and Dad went to work.  That is an oversimplification, but works here for now.

My strong creative streak wanted to make sure that creativity was an essential part of my family's life.  I had visions that my children and I would experience joy and enlightenment learning and creating together.  Needless to say, the universe decided that my plan was far too simplistic, and fate decided to make new plans for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment